On Facebook . Get inspired by photos and stories shared by others and join the conversation by tagging your posts #goshamokin – because we believe the best is yet to come… #goshamokin
What’s Happening in Shamokin
Plan GO Shamokin!!
Community Rebuilding Workshop: The Go Shamokin! project which is a 5 year implementation plan for economic revitalization is being led by the firm Stromberg/Garrigan & Associates, who was retained by the Revitalization Partnership of City of Shamokin, SABER and SEDA-COG to facilitate the planning process, including public engagement and plan preparation. In addition, the U.S. EPA Office of Environmental Justice is undertaking a coordinated effort focused on Rebuilding Our Community. The two efforts held a combined community workshop focused on identifying strengths and opportunities of the City through the use of visioning work sessions and activities the second week of February. 153 people attended the week-of-workshops, and the following 6 goals were identified – please click on the links for the most updated information as to what has happened since the public workshop:
- Goal 1: Attract and support the development of new businesses and support job creation activities/programs
- Goal 2: Bring citizens together to work towards a common goal of increasing pride and ownership in our community
- Goal 3: Foster and nurture productive partnerships
- Goal 4: Redevelop/demolish/rehabilitate/cleanup blighted commercial and residential properties throughout the city
- Goal 5: Enhance positive relationship building, inclusive communities, fostering human dignity and respect
- Goal 6: Making Shamokin healthy, green, and clean now and tomorrow
Does your business, group, or organization have an event you would like for us to share on this page? Contact us today!